JOB INVENTORY - Supply Teacher
TitleJOB INVENTORY - Supply Teacher
Type of PositionCasual
Date PublishedJanuary 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Closing DateDecember 31, 2013 11:59 PM
Seeking on an ongoing basis. Resumes of qualified candidates will be placed in a job inventory for a six month period.
(Casual Part-Time Opportunities)
The Headstart program of The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa has opportunities for Early Childhood Educators on a casual part time basis.
As a Supply Teacher you will be responsible to provide a warm, nurturing environment for the children and maintain standards set by the Day Nurseries Act. You will also be responsible to apply a developmentally appropriate curriculum by planning, organizing and implementing daily learning experiences for children in accordance to the particular needs of the children.
- Community College diploma in Early Childhood Education is required.
- Member to the College of Early Childhood Educators (http://collegeofece.on.ca) is required.
- Related working experience with children.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child development.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities working effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Some positions require proficiency in both English and French (in oral and in writing).
The worker is expected to be available on short notice in order to meet the needs of the child.
The rate of pay will be $15.71/hr plus an additional 5% of the base rate in lieu of insurable benefits. Vacation pay of 4% of regular earnings is added to each pay check.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the “Apply” link below.
We thank all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. The Society encourages applicants from all qualified individuals.